Hi we are first time above ground pool owners in Minneapolis, MN-we just put up our intex 12x30 metal frame pool.
We do have our own well which we filled our pool up with.
We have a intex 8110 salt water generator and once our approx. 1750 gallon pool was filled put in the approx. 35 lbs of fine pool salt they rec for size. Our filter/pump is a brand new intex 637R which I believe is 1000gph pump.
So being new at this I added salt and researched how long to run swg which per intex customer service is about 2 hours per day. For the past week pool has looked great and water has been clear. We have had overcast weather as well.
Today it is very sunny and pool was clear this am when kids swam. About 2 hours ago I looked in and it was a green color. I looked online at what to do and they said shock it by pouring liquid chlorine in which I did, approx. 2 cups. About 15 min later it is now a sludgy brown color.
I know I need test strips to test water for free chlorine, copper, salt and cya, and I ordered those along with cyanuric acid last night but nothing will come for a few days.
My swg is not lighting up saying salt is low or high just has green light saying working. I know you should not be swimming in it when it looks like this and my kids are antsy. I also put the cover on to preserve some free chlorine.
My question is what else should I be doing or maybe is there something I am not doing properly? I really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance. Brie