Intex Above Ground 18x48 Hardlined with Hayward Sand Filter, LEAKING LID

I'm new here but have already read through alot of stuff and threads on here but I can't seem to nail down an answer to my question so I'll try a new thread if you guys don't mind.

Here is what I have I'm in Middleburg Florida, I have an Intex 18x48 Blue side. I recently plumbed it with 1 1/2 inch pvc and a Hayward ST180 Sand Filter and Super Flo LX 1HP pump.

My problem is, I am getting serious water coming from the strainer lid when closed, O-ring is good, I even tried a different lid.
The pump sits about a foot or so below the suction side drain of the pool.

Any thoughts suggestions. I'm sure it is simple(at least I hope so) and I'm just overlooking it.

Thanks for the welcome, No I am learning real fast that I forgot that part, I just assumed that since the pump is lower than the pool connections that gravity was causing the pump to just push water out. I apologize also, because I forgot to mention that when I open the lid with the pump off water rushes out constantly and doesn't quit so I am unable to even check the strainer basket without water gushing out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.