Pool turned Green in a Few Hours

johns6

Jul 2, 2014
round top, texas
New member and this is my first post. I have a 35,000 gal salt water pool that up until a few hours ago was beautiful. Around 10:00 this morning I left home and when I I returned around 2:00 this afternoon, my pool was totally green. PH was good as I added a little acid this morning and also added a little chlorine as It was a bit low. The weather here today is very hot and humid. I just can't believe how fast this happened. I am shocking heavily right now.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Likely it did not happen quickly. Likely the algae was grow for quite some time and finally became visible.

What does "a bit low" for the chlorine mean? What is your CYA? That determines your required FC levels based on the FC/CYA Chart.

Please post up a full set of test results and what test kit you are using.

To clear the pool up, you should not nuke it with chlorine, you should follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process and to do so requires one of the Recommended Test Kits.

Please add your pool details to your signature and as described HERE as it will help us help you in the future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.