How much of this stuff do I need

Jul 2, 2014
wakeman,ohio
all of this is great info. but something I wonder about, that I havent seen. is how much of this stuff do I need to have for a new pool owner. My pool is going up thursday, so obviously i dont know what the water will be, but I would like to have on hand what I am going to need. So how much bleach is a good starting point, 1 gal. 5 gal. etc... How much baking soda, borax??? I know everyones water is different. and the test kit is on order.

Add your pool info to your signature...Size of pool plus gallons, type of pool, filter etc. Without that info, no one can really say, but expect to lose 2-4 PPM per day of chlorine. So, based on your pool size, figure out how much you would need to add to gain 2-4 FC per day and multiply by 7 and that's about how much you will use per week.

Without knowing your pool size, or your results of your fill water...I can't even throw any numbers at you for borax and baking soda...but they do have other uses if you wanted a box of each on hand. On your new pool and fresh fill, you will certainly need stabilizer/conditioner on hand, again how much depends on gallons

Signature
Please put the following information in your signature.

The size of your pool in gallons
If your pool is an AG (above ground) or IG (in ground)
If it's IG, tell us if it's vinyl, plaster/pebble, or fiberglass
The type filter you have (sand, DE, cartridge)
If you know, tell us the make and model of your pump and filter.
List any other equipment you have: SWG, second pump, etc.

Information in your signature will show up each time you post. Signatures need to fit on five lines. It is fine to put several bits of information on the same line.

To change your profile or signature, see the Settings link, just below the Pool School button towards the top right of any page. Then select Edit Profile on the left, and you can edit your location. Click on Edit Signature to change your signature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.