South Texas evaporation rate

I have purchased an older home in south Texas and it came with an older pool. The former owner had died and I purchased the home from the estate so I have no access to historical information on the pool.
The in-the-ground pool is about 12,000 gallons in volume. This pool does not have a screened enclosure and it is directly exposed to the sun for the majority of the day. Temperature here has been in the high 90's, the humidity has been in the 75-80% range and the wind blows here almost constantly at 15+ mph. I have tried (multiple times) verifying that the water loss is from evaporation and not from leakage.
I have noticed that the pool has a high evaporation rate (based on my experience from my former central Florida pool). It is not unusual for this south Texas pool to drop 1" in a day.
Is there anyone on the forum from central or south Texas that I can compare their evaporation rate to mine?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I agree, try the bucket test to see if maybe there is a leak.

Please add your pool details to your signature and as described HERE as it will help us help you in the future.

I have tried variations of the bucket test with the consensus being that the loss is from evaporation. I have found it hard to believe myself. One problem is that the longest period I can check is about 3 days, after that I risk getting my skimmers high and dry.
In addition to bucket testing:
I have blocked off my skimmers (2) (by placing old car license plates at the opening and holding them there with bricks) with the pump off. I then put food coloring in the skimmer basins to see if there was a noticeable water flow (like you test a toilet tank). That was the only way I could think of to see if the skimmer piping had a small leak. After an hour the color was dissipated but still there. I have no easy way to check the main drain piping.
I have also intentionally let air into my pump at night to ensure that I am not siphoning water through the sand filter and down the drain (in the event that my sand filter directional control may be leaking).
The sad result is that the loss is most probably from evaporation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.