Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How rowdy is rowdy in your AGP??/

1. Back To Top    #1

How rowdy is rowdy in your AGP??/

On a scale from 1-10------ 10 being really rowdy, frame flexing, lots of splashing! 7 or more in your pool!! What does your pool rare on a scale??? just curious, mine is a 10 on weekends!!!!!!!! 5 grandchildren agea4-12 and 3 (sometime their mom will get in she always cold) making it 8. I do have a 16'x48" intex metal frame going on 7 years now, had to replace tub last year, but all parts original, added a hayward skimmer this year sand filter 14" 2 years ago, and hard plumbed this year. I just wnat to thank you all for the great advice. I do have a intex SWG but not used for 3 years now.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How rowdy is rowdy in your AGP??/

Mine is usually about a 1! Maybe a 2 if I'm vacuuming! It's my chill spot. I just float around with my eyes closed and de-stress.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Right now, ours is our chill pool too but we were blessed with our first granddaughter last year so that could change with the addition of more grandbabies (I hope)!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Mine probably averages about an 8. I have the 16' Intex Ultra which I also have hardplumbed with the Hayward.

It is usually me and 3 of my kids in it and I was worried that hardplumbing could be a problem with it shifting around. Thankfully it hasn't been an issue.

My only problem is having to add water quite a bit due to my cannon balls!!!!! My daughters love it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Maybe a 1. I'm the only one who uses my pool and it's too small to swim in so it's a chillin' pool. If I'm "working" from home I'll take a few quick 5 minute dips during the day to cool off. I try to get in one longer floating session per day.

Am I the only one who likes to read in the pool? I know it sounds crazy, but I bring my Kindle in (carefully!) and float on my raft and read for a half hour to de-stress. Dropping the Kindle or even letting it get wet is not an option, so there is zero rowdiness and when I'm done I paddle to the side and put the Kindle on a table and cover it with a towel before getting off the raft.
    Jim
    Intex 15' x 42" -- 4,000 gallons
    installed August 2012
    Intex 2650 sand filter, Hayward skimmer
    TF-100 test kit, TFP method

6. Back To Top    #6

if its just the wife and me only a 1 as we just like to float and relax but if my 5 grandkids are over like it will be for the 4th then i'd say a 8 as they like to play hard so we just clear out and let them have fun
    18x52'' intex AGP, 6981 gal, 2650 intex sand filter,
    thru wall skimmer, SWG, 52'' 20G overlap liner, intex pool light

7. Back To Top    #7

I have 7 grandkids from the age of 3-18. When they all get in at the same time, it can get pretty rowdy with lots of big splashes and waves from canon balls. They also love to see how high they can get with stacking on each others shoulders then flipping off backwards one at a time. Now with the slide, even the older ones get the water moving pretty good.
    30 ft. round Conquest agp, 19,800 gal; Pentair Easy Clean 1 hp DE EC60 filter system
    Hayward H250N gas heater; TF100 Test Kit
    2 Fafco 4x20 sunsaver solar bear solar panels
    Dolphin E 10 ~ Zoomerang slide
    Majestic 8000 Above-Ground Pool Step

8. Back To Top    #8

Wow, what a great deck linda!
    Ours is an 8. Kids are 10 and 12 so when they and their friends get in, it's out of control.
    Intex 12'x24'x52"
    8,403 gallons
    Intex SF60110 2450 GPH Sand Filter
    Intex CS8110 SWG
    Aquabot AJET121I Pool Rover S20-40

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

12and 14 year old boys at our house. Many times it's a 10.5, lol.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

10. Back To Top    #10

If its just me and the wife its a 4 maybe, with my daughter (with or without my niece who is over often) its closer to 9. Plus I really need to level my pool as I am off a couple inches on one side. So far so good and this is my second year.
    16x48 Intex Ultra Frame/ 1600 gph Pump sand filter SWG combo/ Ultra tools Widemouth Skimmer/ Using BBB method

11. Back To Top    #11

Neighborhood of boys ranging from my two at 12 and 17 then mix in 11, 12, 15 add squirt guns and floats and let's just say the dogs and parents keep a wide berth. Our border collie's are smart...they know just how far a squirt gun can go and lay just outside of that range. The Rhodesian is more cute than smart and has been a victim more than once.

I'd give it on a "full" day with everyone going it's an 8.
    Diane

15,000 salty gallons - 24' x 12' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame Pool
    Intex Sand Filter, Pump, SWG - TF-100 and speed stir

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by jmcdtucson View Post
    Ours is an 8. Kids are 10 and 12 so when they and their friends get in, it's out of control.
    Thanks! It is a 4 ft. wide splash deck that goes all the way around.
    30 ft. round Conquest agp, 19,800 gal; Pentair Easy Clean 1 hp DE EC60 filter system

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by jmcdtucson View Post
    Thanks! It is a 4 ft. wide splash deck that goes all the way around.

14. Back To Top    #14

Wow great replies, I was hoping i was not the only one with out of control kids, grandkids, my pool so far has stood the time!! Happy summer!!!! keep on a splashing!!

15. Back To Top    #15

Well over a 10! We have a 22' Intex Ultra pool. I was really worried the first few time my son had friends over. They are all in the 15-17 year old range. We have a trampoline next to the pool, they jump from the trampoline into the pool. We also have a basketball hoop and the games get pretty crazy. The life expectancy of most of the inflatables is a few weeks it seems. But as long as they are having fun in the pool they are not getting in trouble somewhere else.