Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 707 HP Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat

1. Back To Top    #1

707 HP Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat

More HP & Torque than a Lamborghini Aventador at a price that I'm sure will be much more down-to-earth. Tempting...Very Tempting...

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...203805750.html
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 707 HP Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat

It is $75,000 for the Hellcat, I think I will stick with my Challenger SRT-8, and if I really feel the need I will add a supercharger for about $10,000
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Awww yes Isaac-1, However youa re missing out on the warranty by only spending 10,000 on the supercharger.. With the car the supercharger is part of the warranty/drivetrain warranty
    package
    17500 Gal Above Ground, 1.5HP Dynamo Pump, 250# Pentair Sand filter with ZeoLite. Diver Dave Cleaner. TFP test kit w/SpeedStir, 7 Grandaughters and 1 Grandson swimming every week WooooHooo!!

4. Back To Top    #4

Mine is a 2010 model, daily driver with only a few thousand miles left to go on the extended warranty, I really should stop driving it so much, but it is just SO much more enjoyable than the F-250 or my wife's car.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

5. Back To Top    #5

The other official figure I'm interested in seeing is the published curb weight. It would be great if the new model is a bit lighter than the current model but, hopefully at least, it is not heavier.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT

6. Back To Top    #6

Well, the figures are in and this 707 HP beast ran the 1/4 mile in an NHRA-certified 10.8 seconds @ 126 MPH. Yes, that was on street-legal drag radials. Bolt on the production tires and it still runs an impressive 11.2 sec @ 125 MPH.

7. Back To Top    #7

According to this article it will cost $60,990, and has a top speed of 199 mph. They couldn't shave off an extra ounce of weight to get a top speed of 200?
    John
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    Wanda the Whale pool vacuum, home made heater, Taylor K-2006
    Cloudy Pool? 1) Order test kit. 2) Follow SLAM
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

8. Back To Top    #8

Completely agree. Going as far as they did with this car, I would have made the 200 MPH top speed a requirement if I were in charge of development. Admittedly, it's more of a "marketing status stat". Since the car mags like to post articles such as "200 MPH street-legal cars", this car wouldn't make the list by 1 MPH. Get one more MPH and suddenly this car would be the least expensive available model to hit that milestone and would reap the associated marketing rewards.

All that said, this car is a screaming deal and is still one that I would consider.

9. Back To Top    #9

Cool car. I found out that anything over 500hp is seriously traction limited though. I had a '12 Shelby GT500 and with a pulley/tune was around 610hp. I had no traction. I even had the wheels widened and ran 305 nitro drag radials, then it would at least hook up a bit. It still broke the tires loose at 80mph downshifting to 3rd gear and flooring it. Can't imagine another 100 hp on top of that.

My next hot rod will be all wheel drive... loved my '04 Subaru STI...
    45'x12' 17k gal, IG plaster, Pool Pilot Nano+ SWG, 1/2hp Whisperflo pump, PAC-FAB TA-60D sand filter, Raypak 266 heater
    Pool School + Test Kit + Pool Math = Trouble Free Pool