Hello from Tennessee

Jul 23, 2008
Bartlett, TN
I am from Bartlett, TN, which is a suburb of Memphis. I got my first home in late summer 2006, and it came with a 33' round AG pool. I have been fighting algea more than swimming ever since, and I finally decided that the pool stores must be dumb and there must be some better advice out there. I discovered both PoolForum and this site earlier this week and have learned a lot. I am hoping for some honest advice from people who have no reason to mislead me. My pool is so big that it is a little intimidating. (I can't reach the middle with a triple extended pole!) Thanks in advance for any help I can get. :) -lilsis1234

Hi lilsis1234,

Welcome to the forum. As Molson said, Pool School is the place to go right now.

A good test kit is the best investment we made in our pool. If you do not have one, the most recommended is the TF Test Kit sold by duraleigh (Dave), one of our members. He also has fantastic customer service! There is a article in Pool School comparing test kits.

Adding your pool and equipment info in your sig will be a big help when folks are trying to help you. Go to User Control Panel, upper left under TFP logo, select 'profile' then 'edit signature'.

We're glad to have you! :wave:

Welcome lilsis1234!!! I am from TN too. (Dyersburg, about 1.5 hours north of you) This place has wonderful people and excellent advise. I have been reading for about 8 months now because we bought a house with an inground pool and I had no idea what to do with it. I found this place and did my research and have never looked back. I have even converted 4 or 5 along the way! As I said, this place is great!!! :goodjob:

Welcome to TFP, Jamie. You've come to the right place for taking control of your pool.

About danged time we got some more Tennessee folk on here! :mrgreen: Used to be, you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a North Carolinian or a Texan! Nice to see the site's drawing a more genteel clientele..... :goodjob: :mrgreen: