Walls going up
22.jpg

Filling it up
23.jpg

Ready to swim
24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, we love how the pool and spa turned out and now we're working on some landscaping (I'll post more pictures when there's something to see).

There are 3 wedding cake steps in the shallow end, near the table in the pictures. Also, opposite the spa, there is a bench in the alcove. The manufacturer of the wall system and steps/bench is Cardinal and the pool model is a 40'x20' Mountain Pond with dive.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It looks like they must have put most of the walls up before digging the deep end hopper. Probably needed the walls just to figure out where to dig (because of the complexity of the pool shape compared to the usual rectangle). I'm digging a 20x40 kidney now and am just about down to the shallow level everywhere. It's going to be a challenge to get the deep end right.

Anyway, nice pool, and I hope mine turns out half as well.

They dug down to the depth of the shallow end for the entire area. They then assemblied the walls and leveled, dug the rest out, rechecked level and adjusted as required and poured a concrete base around the outside perimeter to set the walls and braces.

Are you doing your own install?

chatcher said:
TripleB4me said:
Are you doing your own install?

Yes, and learning as I go.

From the pictures it looks like you have three skimmers. I'm sure the shape of the pool has a lot to do with the water circulation past the skimmers. I'm still pondering about where to put mine.

When first talking with my PB about number of skimmers and placement he asked about wind direction so he made sure there was a skimmer close by where the leaves/junk would end up. You're right about the shape of the pool being the reason for 3 skimmers.

I have found that his placement of the skimmers was perfect. I find about the same amount of junk in each one when I clean them out. I also have to say that skimmer socks are the way to go, very little gets to the pump basket.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.