NEW pool guys Need some help.

Jul 2, 2014
Covina
OK guys bought a new Intex AGP. its a 18x9x5.2. Rectangular the water capacity is about 4600 per the box.

I used the calculator for my chemicals but still unsure about how much to add and with what to keep my pool top notch.:confused::confused:
I used a formula that i watched on youtube to add the liquid chlorine. which came to about over 9oz of chlorine. is this correct guys? Seams to little.
The pool just got filled and it came with a sand filter that is operating fine thus far.
got my self a tester too, and some conditioner with my lid chlorine.
:D
What is my next step?
should i test it after adding the 10oz of chlorine?
thank you guys in advance

First step, do you have one of the suggested test kits from the pool school link in the upper right of this page? I use the TF-100 link can be found in my signature.

Second what have you added so far since filling the pool? Have you used any CYA stabilizer or dry stabilized chlorine products?

10 Oz of 8.5% bleach (I don't know the percentage of your Liquid Chlorine) will only raise your FC by 1.5 ppm, while this is enough to sanitize your water if there is no CYA in it, the lack of CYA also means the chlorine will burn off very rapidly in sunlight. Our suggested CYA level generally ranges from 40-60 ppm for manually dosed pools depending on your climate, since I am not sure where Covina is all I can say on that is extreme sunbelt areas with un-shaded pools need higher CYA levels than non-sunbelt shaded pools. You should refer to the CYA / Chlorine chart in pool school to learn your target FC level for your CYA level. http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.