Newbie Baqu conversion, but 0 biguanides

How long after adding CYA to increase FC?

Thanks, thanks and thanks. My pool looks great! In all the years, we have never gone this long without getting algae.

I'm losing about 2.5 ppm FC everyday. We had heavy rain for the past two days so I didn't test but kept adding bleach assuming a 2.5 daily loss.

Here are my test results from tonight. 9pm
PH - 7.6 (it was 7.2 on Monday-I guess the rain raised it)
FC - 3.5
CC - 0
TA - 80
CH - 175. (result from about a week ago)
CYA - 35 (result from about a week ago)

Questions:
I believe I should lower my PH to 7.2 but my TA is already at 80. Should I lower it anyway with muriatic acid and then just raise the TA?

SWCG suggest the following:
PH 7.0-7.2
TA 80-100

Since I'm ready to add my SWCG, I believe it is time to increase my CYA to 60. With a CYA of 30, I have been targeting a FC level of 6 so I wouldn't fall below the minimum of 3ppm.

If I add 4lbs cyanuric acid via socks tomorrow, then when should I increase my FC to 9?
Should I assume once the socks are in the water to start targeting the higher FC level? I don't want to risk going below minimum.

My SWCG probably won't go in until Monday. I am thinking I should raise CYA tomorrow. Begin adding salt tomorrow evening and Saturday and then put in SWCG on Monday. The pool chemistry needs to be right before I start running the SWCG right?

Thanks in advance.

Re: How long after adding CYA to increase FC?

Thanks, thanks and thanks. My pool looks great! In all the years, we have never gone this long without getting algae.
First I want to say I'm glad the pool is in shape!!

Now, I don't have a SWCG and didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night so I'm not even going to fake knowledge in this area.

Have you see/read this in Pool School? Water Balance for SWGs

Re: How long after adding CYA to increase FC?

Thanks for the response Tim5055.

I read it before but I just re-read again.

I guess my main question is once I add the socks of cyanuric acid, should I right away raise the FC. I'm not supposed to start the SWCG until the chemistry is right but it will take a few days for me to raise my CYA, add salt, etc. During that time, I don't want to chance my FC going too low.

Can a moderator split my thread and send my last two post in the SWG thread? Hoping to get more responses.

Thanks bunches

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.