should I be concern seeing some small spots of green algae?

I am loosing like 3ppm of FC during the day, temperature in Houston is around 94F. Is this normal? it means that I need to add 77 Fl Oz of bleach per day since my current reading are:
FC 5 <-- need to maintain at 5
Combine Chlorine 0
PH 7.8
TA 80
CYA 40
Borates 80
Water Temp 90
I am going to check the chlorine lost tonight but just curious the chlorine lost during the day at that rate is normal. I also noticed that my PH does go up quite frequently like current 7.8, it will be around 8 in a week.

How small is small? an inch or so along a grout line just at the water level is nothing to get excited about. Just scrub it off with a brush and slosh some bleach that way. A few square inches on the wall below the surface is worth getting excited about. 3 ppm per day can rapidly turn to 5 or 6 and by then, your pool is a swamp. So in that case, the Shock Level And Maintain process is called for.

Incidently, patches of algae indicate poor circulation in that area. Regular brushing helps with that.

7.8 to 8 in a week sounds pretty mild for pH rise to me.

They are very small, like a chicken pox size and only certain spots. I've tested the overnight lost and it is less than 1 so FC seems to be fine.
Woodyp, why I need to raise the CYA? I thought 30-50 is ideal? Just curious because raising the CYA means I need higher FC correct? So if I have high FC, it means I will loose less during the day?

They are very small, like a chicken pox size and only certain spots. I've tested the overnight lost and it is less than 1 so FC seems to be fine.
Woodyp, why I need to raise the CYA? I thought 30-50 is ideal? Just curious because raising the CYA means I need higher FC correct? So if I have high FC, it means I will loose less during the day?
Little chicken pox could be black algae. It's tough to eliminate. Use the search box to learn about it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.