Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair EasyTouch 4 Outdoor Panel DEAD??

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair EasyTouch 4 Outdoor Panel DEAD??

We have an EasyTouch 4, with no indoor controls.. last night everything worked just fine. This morning, I got up & noticed the pump wasn't running (automation should have turned it on at 6am). When I walked out there, the LED screen was on, but nothing was running.. so, I pushed the F button to turn it on. At that point, the LED screen went blank.

All breakers inside the house have been toggled & are fine. All breakers on the front of the panel have been toggled & seem fine. The GFCI test/reset on the outlet on the side of the outdoor panel has been reset & seems fine.

We are supposed to leave town tomorrow at 9AM for 4 days. Does anyone have any thoughts on what may be wrong???

Thanks!!!
    Cathy
    28,600 gal, IG vinyl, St. Louis, MO - Installed: 09/2012
    Pump: 1.5 hp Pentair Challenger, Filter: Pentair TR-100 sand, SWG: IntelliChlor (Pentair) Vac: 2-wheel The Pool Cleaner, Test Kit: TFT100 kit, Salt Test: Taylor sodium chloride drop test.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pentair EasyTouch 4 Outdoor Panel DEAD??

Sounds like a shorted board. Was there a storm last night in your area that a possible lightening strike might have caused this. Or, here in FL we get tree frogs or lizards that crawl inside and short the boards out.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pentair EasyTouch 4 Outdoor Panel DEAD??

None of which I'm aware.
    28,600 gal, IG vinyl, St. Louis, MO - Installed: 09/2012
    Pump: 1.5 hp Pentair Challenger, Filter: Pentair TR-100 sand, SWG: IntelliChlor (Pentair) Vac: 2-wheel The Pool Cleaner, Test Kit: TFT100 kit, Salt Test: Taylor sodium chloride drop test.