Skimmer question

Jun 18, 2014
Glendora, CA
Hello,

I will be moving in to a house with a pool next week :p. I noticed the skimmer just had a basket only without the float valve underneath. I am assuming it doesn't have the float valve is because the skimmer has only one valve? I remember when I was at the pool supplies, the sales guy showed me a float valve that had a safety measure of closing up just in case the water is low and won't burn the pump.

Btw, the owner was using a water hose nozzle to keep the basket down (placed in the basket). Is there a better method? I am thinking it could somehow fall into the valve due to some crazy incident.

The owner said something about a second drain that had a leaked and when they re-plastered, they covered that area completely off. Is this a big deal?

Thanks for reading and providing feedback.

TT

You only may want the float diverter in the skimmer if there is a second hole in the bottom (plumbed to the floor or equalizer hole) or if the floor drain is plumbed to the pump separately.

Need more details on the setup to advise.

I use a rock that is bigger than the hole in the bottom of the skimmer in by basket to hold it down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.