Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intellichlor SWG will stabalize it 7.8 pH???

1. Back To Top    #1

Sahuarita, AZ

Intellichlor SWG will stabalize it 7.8 pH???

Reading the intellichlor manual online I noticed this paragraph...

"pH produced by IntelliChlor Electronic Chlorine Generator is close to Neutral pH. However, other
    factors usually cause the pH of the pool water to rise. Therefore, the pH in a pool chlorinated by
    IntelliChlor tends to stabilize at approximately 7.8. This is within APSP standards. If the pool pH rises
    above 7.8, have a pool professional test the pool water to see if other factors such as high Calcium
    Hardness or Total Alkalinity are the cause and then balance accordingly."

This seems blatently un-true to me... I know if I just ignore my pH, it'll go WAY above 7.8... how can they say this?
    My Pool:
    12K gal IG gunite with 7' raised spa, gunite waterfall, PebbleTec Caribbean Blue finish, solar heating & in-floor cleaning system

Equipment: Sta-Rite 300' Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC20 SWCG, Sta-Rite 400k BTU heater, Intelliflow 4x160 main pump & Sta-Rite 3/4 hp waterfall pump, EasyTouch controlls w/ wireless controller, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Intellichlor SWG will stabalize it 7.8 pH???

I suspect that the sub-text is trying to tell you to lower your TA, without actually taking any public stand that they could get sued over.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

glad to know it's not just me.

i use about 1/2 gal/week though I'm hoping the borax will cut that back a bit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Borax will help a lot.
    28000 gallon painted plaster
    In pecan grove in mid GA
    Intellichlor SWG
    i try to keep-
    80 PPM CYA
    50PPM borates
    3200-3800 salt
    usually no problems.

Lots of kids, dogs , wild life in pool...everyone but me.