I'm in the midst of performing a mustard algae shock, which is requiring an FC level of 45 due to a CYA level of 82. I recently bought this house, and both the previous owner and I had been using trichlor (I know, big mistake). Now I'm using bleach. My pH had been remarkably steady before the shock, but now it's higher than my test kit can measure. My question is: Is the high level of chlorine corrupting my results? Should I not worry about pH until after the FC returns to maintenance level, which will be 6 to 11 according to PoolMath? I would like to avoid adding muriatic acid if it's not necessary.