Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Waterfall gargling / possible air in the line

1. Back To Top    #1

Waterfall gargling / possible air in the line

Howdy! Long time no post. Our waterfalls randomly started "gargling" and I believe their is air in the line to that pump (Jandy) our water flow has decreased to about 10%.... any suggestions? I tried resealing the strainer cover / lubed up the ring, no luck. i noticed there is also a slight water leak at this pump. Just enough to wet the concrete pad.

Thanks in advance!
    Pearland, TX build ongoing. Freeform pool with Spa. Estimate finish 1st week March, 2014
    Dimensions 37 x 24 x 17 feet. Spa is 8ft round. Approx. 20,000 gallons.
    Variable speed Jandy pump, Jandy Cartridge filter. Aqua pure salt water system. Polaris 280 (black) 3 LED Lights: 2 pool, one Spa.
    Pebblesheen. Blue Granite. Travertine decking and coping.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Waterfall gargling / possible air in the line

Trace that leak and fix whatever it is. It is easy for a very small water leak when the pump is off to be a fairly large air leak when the pump is on.

Common places a leak on the pump might be coming from include the drain plugs and the motor shaft seal.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School