Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Connect SunQuest Solar Pool Heater to Intex 1.5" hose?

1. Back To Top    #1

Connect SunQuest Solar Pool Heater to Intex 1.5" hose?

Hi all,

I was wondering what was the easiest way to connect a sunquest solar pool heater to an Intex 1.5"? I have a 12'x30" metal frame with 2800 gph sand filter. Now I want to attach the solar heater but I'm not sure how. I've read a lot of posts but my head is spinning.

Please help!

Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Connect SunQuest Solar Pool Heater to Intex 1.5" hose?

The easiest way is probably to get a set of Intex hose to PVC adapters, glue the PVC side of the adapter to the connectors on the panels and then connect your hoses to the other side.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

See my photos of the one I did, I think its exactly what your looking for, or close to it. I bought all the parts at HD.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...nough-to-enjoy

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks. I don't have the panels yet. Once I get them it might make more sense.
    12' Intex Metal Frame Pool, 1500 gallons, Intex 2800gph Sand filter/pump, AquaPro PRO1100 HP, K-2006 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks like all I need are these adapters. Fits directly into the panels and now I can use the intex hoses.
    12' Intex Metal Frame Pool, 1500 gallons, Intex 2800gph Sand filter/pump, AquaPro PRO1100 HP, K-2006 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Perfect

7. Back To Top    #7

When connecting the hoses to the headers is it okay to connect both hoses on the same side of the panel? I am connecting two panels side by side but want the two hoses connecting to top and bottom headers both on the left side since this is the side against the pool.

8. Back To Top    #8

Got my panels hooked up today. The only problem is I can't get the end caps to stop leaking. Any advice or tricks on connecting them without leaking?

9. Back To Top    #9

Well google is your friend. Did 8 rounds of teflon, hand tightened, then quarter turn with wrench. No more leaks!

10. Back To Top    #10

Water reached 91 today! Panels work great!