Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water results

1. Back To Top    #1

Water results

I just had my pool installed on Friday filled it and added salt. Used liquid chlorine until I was able to turn on the swg. Tested the water and here are the results
    Fc 1
    Cc 0
    Ta 80
    Ph 7.2
    Cya 55 this was as of yesterday it should still be rising

My question is how do I get the ph to rise with out effecting ta we have been in there for the last three days and I have been splashing like crazy along with my 4 year old and the ph is not really changing. I know that the ph needs to be between 7.5 and 7.8 for swg and the ta between 60 and 80 and according to pool math if I raise my ph .3 it is going to raise my ta 11 which would put me in the 90's. So my question is how do I do this?
    17,500 gallon 27' ag. Ecco 19" sand filter 1-1/2 hp pump 45gpm. Zodiac aquapure ei swg.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water results

The SWG will take care of raising pH. Don't worry about it.

You need to turn the percentage up or get some more bleach in there.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

I have it running at 40% from 9:30 am to 8:30pm so should I try 60% for the same time or let it run longer and what does my free chlorine need to be at? Also what are the best salinity test strips the ones from walmart are garbage or I am not good enough to use them I added 560 lbs of salt and they say my salinity is 800 lol.
    17,500 gallon 27' ag. Ecco 19" sand filter 1-1/2 hp pump 45gpm. Zodiac aquapure ei swg.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Black Z View Post
    I have it running at 40% from 9:30 am to 8:30pm so should I try 60% for the same time or let it run longer and what does my free chlorine need to be at? Also what are the best salinity test strips the ones from walmart are garbage or I am not good enough to use them I added 560 lbs of salt and they say my salinity is 800 lol.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...art-slam-shock tells you what to target. Or poolmath. How to set that up with recommended levels and all is here.

Don't know about salt strips. I just pour bleach out of a jug.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Why would I add bleach? Shouldn't I be able to do this with my chlorine generator?

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Black Z View Post
    Why would I add bleach? Shouldn't I be able to do this with my chlorine generator?
    Either or. But the SWG could take hours to build FC up, whereas a jug adds it all in a matter of seconds.

Just fiddle with pump run times and SWG percentages. You'll find the winning combination in a week or two.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thank you so much I went out and retested not in the sun and I am at 3ppm on chlorine. Which according to this is http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...rine-generator is the low side but should be ok?

8. Back To Top    #8

With a SWG, as long as CYA is 70 or lower and FC never goes below 3, then you are alright. It is nice to have a little more margin in case something goes wrong, though not essential.

Your PH will go up on it's own, without raising TA, due to the aeration from the SWG. It will probably take a little while, but it will go up.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School