Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: newly filled pool and green water!!

1. Back To Top    #1

newly filled pool and green water!!

Last night filled new above ground pool. Clear water. Today, tested water, plugged and chugged numbers in pool school calculator. Added bleach, borax, and CYA. Then about hour later the pool water turned green. Is this from the metals in the water? I joined Pool School last season with a different pool and followed the "seasonal pool set-up" using the shock method. I saw the set up used is a different this year but I followed it to the letter. Do I just need to purchase something that removes the metals from the water or did I screw something up? Thanks.
    3,800 gallons, AG, Seasonal pool,. HTH 6-way test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: newly filled pool and green water!!

Sure sounds like metals to me. Wait for one of the experts to chime in on how to deal with it. Its above my paygrade.
    12000 Gallon IG Plaster built 2/15/2014. Jandy 340 sg ft 127 gpm filter, Jandy 1 HP stealth pump. Circupool RJ-45 SWG (overkill). TF-100 with Speed Stir.

3. Back To Top    #3

That's very common the first time bleach hits the iron. If it doesn't just fade away in a day or two, then you'll need to buy a metal sequestrant.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...d-metal-stains
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you!!!!
    3,800 gallons, AG, Seasonal pool,. HTH 6-way test kit