Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CC is it 0.5 or 1?

1. Back To Top    #1

CC is it 0.5 or 1?

I did my chlorine test using the powder and I show 0.5 CC. But after a couple of minutes the test solution is pink again - so I add another drop of R-0003 reagent to get to clear. Total drops is now 2 = 1 CC. Does this additional drop "count" towards to the total? I am guessing yes, because the solution should stay clear and perhaps I am not mixing enough.

Either way, I am SLAMing tonight.
    18k vinyl IGP, Sand Filter, EasyTouch Control Sys, Pentair Intelliflo, Intellichlor IC 40 SWG, Rheem Heat Pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CC is it 0.5 or 1?

No. It will always go pink again if you wait long enough.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

No, the solution naturally turns pink again if left alone for a few minutes. Once you turn it clear the test is over.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks everybody - that helps a lot.

Still, I think I will SLAM just to get rid of the 0.5 which hasn't gone away in a week. I think something is eating my chlorine.
    18k vinyl IGP, Sand Filter, EasyTouch Control Sys, Pentair Intelliflo, Intellichlor IC 40 SWG, Rheem Heat Pump.