Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Re: Another Poo thatl won't hold chlorine and water is cloudy

1. Back To Top    #1

Re: Another Poo thatl won't hold chlorine and water is cloudy

I have the same problem no chlorine. I'm am new to setting up pools. I tested my water an my readings are
    th-100
    fc-0
    ph-8.0
    ta-240
    cya-30-50
    Please help me get it corrected so my water will clear up. It's cloudy bad.

2. Back To Top    #2

Welcome to TFP!!!

What test kit are you using? I am going to go out on a limb and guess those are from a test strip. You need to invest in one of the Recommended Test Kits and then likely follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Well, if you have not put any chlorine in it, you will have none. Need more info than you have given.

SWG?
    New fill?
    Test kit, pool store test, or strips?

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry I didn't get back with yall sooner I couldn't find how to get back to my thread. I'm using the HTH 6 way test stripes. I'm also using 3" tablets for chlorine. I just added a stabilizer to it and then added 6 bottles of bleach then shocked. All levels are the same but now no cya an my chlorine level is 5. Still cloudy.
    Intex 26x26x52 round Ultra Frame, 20k gal, AG vinyl, Krystal Clear Filter Pump, Model 633T.

5. Back To Top    #5

rebelblonde, You need a better test kit that will allow you to properly SLAM the pool. Test Kit Comparison. We recommend the TF100 because you will get more reagents than the K2006 but both kits are exactly what you need. Like I said, the TF100 XL will get you through this season but you will ruin out of supplies and have to reorder with the K2006.

Please read:

ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry
    Recommended Pool Chemicals
    How to Chlorinate Your Pool
    Chlorine CYA Chart
    SLAMing Your Pool
    PoolMath
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by rebelblonde View Post
    Sorry I didn't get back with yall sooner I couldn't find how to get back to my thread. I'm using the HTH 6 way test stripes. I'm also using 3" tablets for chlorine. I just added a stabilizer to it and then added 6 bottles of bleach then shocked. All levels are the same but now no cya an my chlorine level is 5. Still cloudy.
    We don't recommend using test strips and this reading is exactly why. Unless you replaced most of your water it is impossible for your CYA to drop like that in two weeks. Test strips are extremely unreliable both in product quality and human color matching error.

A TF-100 would really help you, as well as help us help you. With no real idea what your CYA is you cannot SLAM, and SLAM is exactly what you need to do to clear the pool. And before you think it (because we all do), taking a sample to a pool store and posting the results here is not the same as getting a proper test kit. Their results are worse than test strips! There is no substitute for your own testing.

Armed with a proper test kit and the readings from it you will be able to clear your pool once and for all. That isn't a question of if, but a question of when. We are here to help see to that! Welcome to TFP!
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits