Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: move the bottom of the liner

1. Back To Top    #1

Exclamation move the bottom of the liner

So I put about an inch of water in the pool to work out the wrinkles, and I noticed that even though the legs were straight, the bottom of the pool was not centered. If I continue filling, it will drag the frame to where center is - which will end moving the legs off my piers. It's too heavy to grab the bottom and move it now that it has an inch of water.
    Help!!
    16x48 Intex Ultraframe vinyl AGP, 2150 gph sand filter/pump (Intex SF70110), Hayward Skimmer, TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: move the bottom of the liner

why not siphon the water back out?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I tried siphoning, but the water level is so low, it won't siphon out.
    16x48 Intex Ultraframe vinyl AGP, 2150 gph sand filter/pump (Intex SF70110), Hayward Skimmer, TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Have a wet/dry shop vac? Utility sump pump? Need something to get that water drained more. Otherwise get a flexible bucket (old ice cream pail) and start bailing.

- - - Updated - - -

When I put in my pool this time, I made a slight divot in the sand on the center of the area. I then centered the pool bottom on it, worked like a charm. I had the problem every spring of the pool not quite being in the exact same spot when I set it up, and it was a pain. (I take mine down for the winter)

5. Back To Top    #5

I used a flat sided garbage can to scoop out water. A steel mixing bowl also worked fine but wasn't as efficient
    Intex 16'x48" Ultra-Frame. Hayward Thru-wall skimmer mod. Adjustable Fountain. Hayward SP1593 1-1/2 HP Power-Flo Matrix Pump. Hayward S116T Pro Series 16" Top-Mount Sand Filter.