help with returns and drains

valves.jpgWell lets see. First question is why most water is returned to the line in the middle and not evenly through all? The return that I have marked that doesn't work if I hold my hand over the one across from it then it will try to push water out but stop as soon as my hand is removed from the one across from it. Also is it possible for this pool not to have a drain in the deep end? I am a new guy to the pool scene.

You have 2 suction lines in front of the pump so one is likely from the spa and the other is from the skimmer. If you have a floor drain it would have to be plumbed to the bottom of the skimmer.

Odd about the return jet strength, must not be plumbed in a loop. Try mostly closing the returns to the spa and see if that helps. Could be debris in the lines.

Yes the left side is for the spa and right is for the pool. I have tried that just bubbles out of that one jet. It could be debris. Tell me if this makes any sense. The very first time I turned everything on and got the air out of the lines all jets were working. The one that has most of the return going to it didn't have anything coming out of it when it was on filter, but would when filter was off and the pool was just cycling through itself. If it is debris anything I can do to flush the line out? Would it be a good idea to plug the line that has most the water coming out?

Oh I forgot to put this in there as well. After 1st backwash and rinse pressure was at around 13psi now it stays around 6-8psi when clean is this due to a lost of pressure or just getting the filter cleaned out good on the 2nd go? Just trying to get a hang of all this pool stuff.lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.