Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: School on on LED pool lights

1. Back To Top    #1

School on on LED pool lights

I need a new light fixture for my pool. Currently have a pentair 120v 500w incandescent with the thermal shut off stuck in the off position.

I have been looking at Pentair 601301 Intellibrite White Underwater LED Pool Light with 50-Feet Cord, 120-Volt. Its about $415 Shipped. BUT a replacement bulb is $623?

But i can buy a Pentair Amerlite's Pool Light with 120V, 500W, 50' Cord. for $191 and replace the bulb with an LED thats replaceable for $129 and watch as the LED prices come down in the next 50,000 hours of use?

i really wanna get a light in this pool, but buying a $400 light that doesnt have replaceable bulbs seems like shooting yourself in the foot?
    40,000 gallon ig gunite, Pentair Challanger Century Centurion 2.2 HP Pump, FNS 60 DE filter, Polaris 280, Century Centurion 3/4 HP Booster Pump, Attached ig spa - 1HP Centurion pump - Dual non functioning blowers

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: School on on LED pool lights

I kind of agree with you. Many of the new LED lights are expensive and not repairable/replaceable. Personally I would likely go with the standard light fixture and then you can replace the bulb with either a white LED or even a color changing LED bulb. They may not be as bright, but that does not concern me.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure these all fit in your existing light niche?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

There are significant differences in the technology and life cycle of LED bulbs.

Much longer life - lower energy cost - color features - and more...

Read this

http://eartheasy.com/live_led_bulbs_comparison.html

LED is the way to go -
    25k 20x40 Gunite w/ integrated Spa & Caribbean Blue Plaster, Curved Bluestone Coping, Deck Jets
    Pentair Easy Touch/Wireless, Sta-Rite Intellipro SRVS Pump, Intellibrite Lights, & Pentair IC40 Cell, Sta-Rite 450sf Cartridge filter
    Heated from Central Boiler - Outdoor Wood Furnace & Triangle Tube Max Heat Exchanger
    ColorQ Pro
    TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    I

Are you sure these all fit in your existing light niche?
    thats a good question... i believe so, its an American Products Niche, i Have an email into Pentair about this before i buy.

Anyone have a coupon for pool supply?
    40,000 gallon ig gunite, Pentair Challanger Century Centurion 2.2 HP Pump, FNS 60 DE filter, Polaris 280, Century Centurion 3/4 HP Booster Pump, Attached ig spa - 1HP Centurion pump - Dual non functioning blowers