Desperate timse call for desperate measures....

pepsiholic

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Fairmont, WV
Hi again friends :wave:

You have probably seen my thread about my "dust" problem. Now that I have pulled the ladder out and got that all straightened out, I do have a question. I ordered a new ladder but it won't be here for a couple of more days. It was really time for a new one anyway. It is hot hot hot here today, so I really want to get in. I want to run something by you.

I plugged all the holes that the ladder had on it (to let the water in to hold it down, I suppose?) with water proof duct tape (I read duct tape can fix anything...lol) and filled the ladder with a 50/50 ratio of bleach and water (seems to be holding ok), letting it soak to kill all the gunk that was inside. Should an hour be sufficient? I will then hose it all back out trying to remove the loose gunk. This is not an easy process because the ladder is way taller than me..lol...but would it hurt to cover the holes back up with duct tape before putting it back in the pool? I don't want to take any more chances of this happening again.

And to everyone with a removable ladder, just to let you know, just because you see no algae on the ladder, doesn't mean it's not INSIDE the ladder....lesson learned. You can bet I will be pulling mine at least every other week to check the inside as well as the outside.

:lovetfp:

Update: Just emptied the ladder from its soaking. The lovely shade of green that came out was amazing. Going to hose it all out and go from there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.