ever treat the FC DAILY with bleach

Johnny B

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 19, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Has anyone ever tried to treat the FC daily with bleach (not talking about the fancy gadgets that will do that for you)?
For example, suppose you know that your pool requires a specific quantity of bleach every three days, the FC drops from 7 to 3 & you bump it back up to 7 every three days. If it is convenient because you are at the pool anyways every day, why not just put in one third of the usual amount daily and that will keep the FC at the higher 7 range rather than letting it get down to the lower 3 range?

I think pretty much everyone here who is a jug-dumper adds every day.

It's even listed as a daily task in Pool School: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/131-basic-pool-care-schedule
Daily
  • Look at the water, notice the clarity and color.
  • Test the chlorine level and adjust if needed.
  • Test the pH and adjust if needed.
  • Examine the skimmer(s) and clean if needed.
  • Use a leaf rake to remove any surface debris.

I feed my pool every night. I do NOT have anything fancy to do it for me. I will say I test everything about three times a week unless there has been heavy rain or bather load.

Kim

:thumleft: This.

after watching trends over several weeks, I know how hungry my pool is every day. I still test about 3-4 x weekly because the Speed Stir is just so darn fun!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.