Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SIAP - Polaris sport p/s cleaner wheels will stop spinning if hit walls.

1. Back To Top    #1

SIAP - Polaris sport p/s cleaner wheels will stop spinning if hit walls.

I have an issue I haven't found a good debug path for.

Polaris wheel revolution speed is good, screen is clear and backup is working.

I see it get stuck on walls it would normally climb.

When I pull it out of the pool (running) and apply a small amount of resistance to any wheel it has no torque.

Observing it in the pool finds no wheels spinning when one wheel hits the wall at certain angles.

Robot has no issue with speed on flat surfaces and will climb walls once it gets started, but it's the transition from flat to wall that is the issue.

thanks in advance for help
    15000 Gal Pool + Spa - Twin 2hp Pentair Pumps - DE Filter - 400kbtu Heater - Jandy wireless control system with freeze out - Polaris 3900 pressure side cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: SIAP - Polaris sport p/s cleaner wheels will stop spinning if hit walls.

wheel rpm's should be 30 - 36. check the drive chain (if to slack it will slip so i have taken out 1 link) and chain tension, the bearings in the drive wheel,
    16,000lts Fibreglass, Magna Mineral Pool Water
    Jandy CV340 Cartridge filter, Zodiac TRi SWC, Z4 iAqualink, Jandy Laminar Jets, Solar Heating, Spa Jets with Jandy 1.5hp Epump operating everything.