Took out sitting ledge and put tanning ledge 6'5" x 8'9" 8" deep
Aqua blue stone scape 2,970
Added tannin ledge and 7 ft perimeter to pool $1338
Rolled neck 1" tile 17 feet on tanning ledge $436
Built in bench on raised wall and upgrade to 2 speed pump $531
Also upgrading to led lighting waiting on pricing
Led Hayward color $1976.00

How's it look?

Well, with the use of flagstone, you have eliminated the possibility of ever converting to the use of a SWG.

Be wary of the in-line chlorinator, the exclusive use of trichlor tablets is not a sustainable solution, especially in TX where the pool is not likely to be partially drained for the winter.

How much Pool School have you read? Not too early to start learning about the chemistry:
ABCs of Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool

image.jpg

tile a d flagstone. Taking out all the grey and light flag stone and going with the darker tones to go with existing brick house.small tile and 6" tile will both be visible on tanning ledge. We did not do a spa. We put the neck roll or we are calling it back roll on our tanning. Ledge to be able to lean back and not have uncomfortable stone in our back and a little smoother for grandkids. i have not seen it done anywhere and is an added cost not needed, but with beach entry and tanning ledge we adapted things to get the most use.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Totally not true - Thousands of flagstone pools with SWG here in Texas, most with no issues whatsoever, including my own.

+1 on swg pool with flagstone. We have Oklahoma flag, 2 years in and it is fine. Not sealed and not slippery. There are a few pieces that are a little more slippery than others. There are also some pieces that are eroding slightly more than others. Some flaking a little, some pitting a little and some completely unchanged. But, none are doing anything that causes me alarm or makes me think it won't last a very long time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.