Upset with Intex

Yaniv

Gold Supporter
May 7, 2014
San Jose, CA
8 weeks ago , purchased a new SWG system from intex.
4 weeks later the pump started to make grinding noises, i called Intex and they sent a replacement.

Yesterday while the unit was running, after a min or two the service light went on and the pump shut itself off, i called Intex and they said that the unit might overheated and i should let it rest for a while and try again.
That didn't help, so i called again today.

Guess what? they want me to send the unit back on my own expense and they will fix it for me "under warranty".

What am i supposed to do now? how can i manage at least 2 weeks with no pump and no SWG system?

Please advice...

Agreed. Not ideal but it will work. OR... you can ditch the Intex and buy something a little more reliable. Sorry you're dealing with this.

Agreed. Not ideal but it will work. OR... you can ditch the Intex and buy something a little more reliable. Sorry you're dealing with this.

Thank you, i've decided not to send the unit back instead through it out and buy a new system that can last. 300$ i'll never see again....

I am thinking about the Hayward SP15922S (1HP 2 speed) and the AquaTrol, i'll leave the Intex 16" sand filter for now until it will die then i'll replace it.
What do you think? can this work? i assume it is an overkill for my pool but i want something that will last.

Can't go wrong with a 2 speed. :goodjob: As soon as I can afford the switch, I'll be going with a 2 speed.

I'm in my 3rd trouble free season with my separate Intex filter, and Intex SWG. At an approximate cost of just over 300 bucks for both.

I'm not sure insinuating inherent brand reliability problems is appropriate. Every company puts out an occasional lemon, and of course there is always the possibility of operator error.

I would push for a satisfactory resolution with Intex or your point of purchase depending on where that was. It sounded like possibly you purchased the unit seperatly? Do you have another pump as a temporary source of circulation?

Did you buy direct from Intex? Tell them you want your money back. If you make a big enough stink they may take it back. If you used a credit card you may be able to go through the credit card company.
I bought it on May 9th 2014. from VMinnovation which is one of Intex retailer.
I ask them to take it back they don't want to, who wants to take garbage back? i am very upset, i wish i new this in advanced, as of now i will never buy Intex again.

Another thought is to go on craigslist and buy a used pump. That is what I did. Replaced my intex with a pentair superflo.

- - - Updated - - -

I bought it on May 9th 2014. from VMinnovation which is one of Intex retailer.
I ask them to take it back they don't want to, who wants to take garbage back? i am very upset, i wish i new this in advanced, as of now i will never buy Intex again.

Not even two months old, that is total BS. I try and buy everything I can, at Sam's club, costco, home depot, amazon. They have always took care of me even when the manufacturer was giving me the run around on warranty.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have you spoken with Intex directly? I had an issue with my sand filter pump 4 years ago and they replaced it. No issues since.

Yes I did, i have a problem with the replacement they sent.
Just so you all know, they will only replace once during the warranty period, after that you will have to pack and pay for shipping to them, once they get it they will fix it for you and ship it back (2-4 weeks time)

Every decent manufacturer would have send you a replacement and ask you to put the old one in the replacement's box and ship it back to them free of charge.
I guess i am used to a different kind of costumer service.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.