Poor pool construction giving me headaches

May 19, 2013
Freeport, Bahamas
Hi all, We live in the Bahamas and have had our pool for just over a year now and every time I look at it I wince with disappointment, I can't get in and enjoy a swim without picking flaws in everything I see. Let's just say the level of professional skill and ability is below average here and the knowledge these guys showed was shocking. I learned more from youtube than these guys knew but I didn't know better at the time, I wasn't "the professional" so was in their hands. One of my major issues is when the diamond brite was having the acid exposure, instead of, as manufacturer recommends, having a crew expose and rinse in small sections (not letting acid 'run') there was one guy turn up and poured the acid mix the whole length of the pool and worked his way up scrubbing and rinsing so I now have over exposed runs around the the whole perimeter (to which he replied "that will disappear over time" and "you won't see it under the water"!!!) now it looks dirty all the time and where it is over exposed (i am battling algae at the moment) it seems that the algae gets into the aggregate more and makes it look a terrible state. What options do I have to rectify/compensate for this issue, hopefully not the re-plaster option!!

I could write a book about the issues I had with this pool and the laughable/anger inducing comments these jokers came up with, but I really should take it one issue at a time.

Thank you

Thanks crazy, sadly Elite are on New providence (nassau) about 150 miles away on a separate island. I am waiting on my test kit for the SLAM but shipping delays will mean I have to wait a while (already started new thread to address this problem http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/80004-Algae-prevention-whilst-waiting-for-test-kit ). Even when the algae isn't present though the runs are darker than the rest of the pool and look bad.

Yeah I noticed you're on an out island. He may be worth emailing for help on finding a trustworthy contractor if you do have to replaster....

Others here may be able to help more on the plaster issues if you post pics.(I'm new to plaster, and virtually worthless). Photobucket is the easiest way to host pics.

It's really tough when you are on an island as you are kind of stuck. There has to be one or two really good people in the area that you can contact. Who did all of the pools at the hotels on the island? Someone has to know someone who is really good. Yeah it might cost you a bit more but I would think it's worth it. Yes you could fins a re finisher that is good and have them do it right since you are more knowledgeable now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.