Pool being repaired, tile, plaster, leak ? balancing water when done?

PattyA

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Scituate, MA
Hello,

First, Thank you all for helping me with my pool questions. I appreciate it so much.

I'm having my 33 year old Anthony Gunite pool repaired. Tile replaced, plaster areas done, small leak at skimmer. About two feet of the pool will be emptied. How difficult will it be to rebalance the water that I'll have to add? I've never emptied that much water out before.

I'm excited about the repairs being done. It's in very good condition for such an old pool. Maybe I'll get another 33 years out of it.

Thanks, Patty

Pool repairs done. Waiting for the Dalton Pool Water truck to deliver the water tomorrow. I was nervous to add town water because they are flushing the lines and our house water is coming up brown. Even if it wasn't brown I was afraid of the water balance of the town water. Not sure if town water would cost more and didn't want any hidden charges popping up either.

Water doesn't look too bad. I've kept the chlorine level up and pH is good. Needs to be filtered to remove the cloudiness, but I'm hopeful it will be ok. We'll see what the water reads after the new water is added and I can get the filter running.

Next, cleaning up the patio stains and replacing an old fence.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.