Hi we have lots and lots of toads around every where, they don't get in the pool but what I have been noticing is that they bury themselfs by the pool then next thing I notice a indent in my pool cove on the inside of the pool. I have a deck half way around pool and fence on the rest so I just spray around the pool with round up to kill everything next to pool. We do have very sandy soil also I have noticed a few moles but so far knock on wood they are staying away from pool area. Was wondering if any one has had this problem and how they solved it I was thinking maybe gravel? or pavers around outside of pool but not sure what is best way to stop this. I was going to post a pic but it says I have exceeded my quota not sure what that means.

To post pics you'll be well served to use a site like photobucket as a host.

Regarding the Toads burrowing down I'd say you need some sort of hard ground cover. River rock, gravel, or pavers. just anything they can't dig into easily.

Might also hold a BBQ featuring frog legs. They usually get the message. :p

Very nice set-up you have there :goodjob:

Might also hold a BBQ featuring frog legs. They usually get the message. :p

:shock: How could you!

smiles are contagious.jpg

Had a conversation this weekend w/BIL who uses a solar powered ultrasonic mole repeller. He said he was skeptical, but it works! His neighbor across the street uses the battery-powered one. It works, too. He bought his at ACE hardware, but they are for sell everywhere. My BIL says he turns his 'off' during the day and 'on' in the evening. Since he has had it for a while his moles have moved way to the end of their back yard, and he only turns it on a couple times a week - just to keep them there. We plan to get one this week. Maybe something like that would also work on the frogs.......

Last night I was going to put some moth balls around pool and remembered i had a cpl bundles of shingles left so i cut and layed shingles down around outside edge of pool and lightly covered with dirt or i should say sand as all i have around here. I did put some moth balls around but not sure i like the smell of them. If anyone can think of a reason the shingels would hurt something please say so. Thank you.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I would bet almost anything you are dealing with the voles. I have moles and voles bad here. My experience with the voles is that they will dig to the cove, then turn around. The mole monsters however, will burrow under the liner. I hope I'm wrong for your sake, I will have to drain my pool and probably replace the liner.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.