Bleach Percentages

yikes :shock: It should be listed in the ingredients. If they are too embarrassed to list it, it is probably embarrassingly low!

Don't buy it!

Look at Clorox or Great Value and see where they are listed on the labels. Also, expiration dates are listed - sometimes on the bottom of the jug.

While shopping around, I recently found that the cheaper brands do not list % on the bottle, which is a giant no-no. The best value I've found is the Great Value 8.25% 121 oz. at Walmart. $2.98 per jug here in north Georgia. If it's not listed on the label, chances are it is weak (below 5%) and they'd be embarassed to show that they're screwing over their buyers.

While shopping around, I recently found that the cheaper brands do not list % on the bottle, which is a giant no-no. The best value I've found is the Great Value 8.25% 121 oz. at Walmart. $2.98 per jug here in north Georgia. If it's not listed on the label, chances are it is weak (below 5%) and they'd be embarassed to show that they're screwing over their buyers.

pwhite- If you have an IGA near you, you should check them out. i can get 1 gal jugs of 5.25 for $1.63. Freds just had a sale, 1 Gal of 8.25 for $1.99 ea.

I buy almost all my bleach at Dollar General. The strength is listed on the bottle (8.25%) and I usually have to call and get them to order a few cases because the turnover is so great. I've used it for a few years now and it's always done great for me.

I will agree that most "dollar store" bleaches don't have the strength printed on them and you should stay away from them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Last month, when I checked Walmart, they had both GV and Clorox branded bleach. Both were a 'Concentrated' version that listed 8.25% Sodium Hydrochloride, also both bottles had a 'newer' looking packaging bottle nearby. It appeared Walmart had both old and new stock, it appeared to be the exact same bleach, however on BOTH the newer looking GV and Clorox bottles, I could not find the % of Sodium Hydrochloride listed anywhere. Nowhere did it list the ingredients.

Thanks for all the replies! We live in north Louisiana in a very small (3,000) town so not a lot of shopping here! I have checked at Wal Mart& have not found it on any of the GV bottles! I thought I was just blind but maybe they don't list it any more.

Here is Up & Up (Target Store Brand) and Great Value, as found in Virginia Beach stores...

These 2 are Austins Pool Tech Shock(Found in Ollie's Bargain Outlet) and Essential Everyday (Farm Fresh Grocery Store Brand)

I've never come across any without percentages but I don't really look in the cheapy stores like Big Lots or Dollar stores of any sort. Usually buy from Target, Wal-Mart or Farm Fresh (where strangely it is the cheapest at $2.69 121oz while all their groceries are grossly overpriced!)

bleach_zps3603e3ad.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.