Pool is up and 1st TF-100 is complete, now what? goal-swimming on 4th of July!

If the liquid conditioner is enough to raise your CYA to your recommended level, then you dont need any more right away.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/HTH-Stabilizer-and-Conditioner/17043638

I measure my CYA by the jug. The jug is 4 lbs. If i need six, i add a jug and a half. if I need need to add 2 lbs, just add 1/2 jug.
The meassure does not have to be exact, Its acutally better to step up to your recommended levels in a couple of 1/2 steps instead of a large one. This will keep from overshooting your target level.

Do not let the sock full of CYA rest against the liner or settle on the bottom, it is subject to fade the liner if left there for any length of time. Keep it suspended in the water in front of a return. Squeezing the sock every now and then will speed up the process.

Wally word didn't have any granulated or powder cya. I ended up getting liquid conditioner from Leslie's and will order dry cya online.

Added my 69 oz of liq conditioner and running the pump for 4 hrs. How soon can I add my 15 Oz of bleach?

What are you using for your gallon size in pool math? (You should add gallons to your pool info in your signature, so we don't have to google or calculate your pool to find the gallons it holds)

I think you forgot to change the gallon setting in pool math. Using 10000 gallons (the default) 75oz would result in a 5ppm FC rise, but using 5061 gallons, that 75 oz would result in almost 10ppm. I got 5061 gallons from a spec listing for the pool. The difference from pool maths quote of 10ppm to your 12.5 reading could be a difference of how much you actually have in your pool, or very fresh bleach can be stronger than listed.

If your still at 20 CYA...It will probably be much lower half way through Wednesday. Just give the sun some time with your low CYA, it will come down. It's safe to swim up to Slam level per your CYA and the CYA/chlorine chart....So it will be swim able Wednesday after it gets some of that nice CA sun.

After reading through this thread again...I seen
Added my 69 oz of liq conditioner and running the pump for 4 hrs.
69 oz of liquid stabilizer in a 5000 gallon pool is about 40 CYA.

On 7-1-14 you posted results that stated CYA was 20.

If you added the 69 ounces like quoted above you should be treating your CYA/chlorine as 40 based on pool math. It does mix in quickly so you can test if your not sure. If your CYA is 40, your under the SLAM level and it's swimable anytime.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When you say you did it twice...you do know you can pour your solution back into the mixing bottle and try again? It just needs a little re-shake when doing this, you don't need to dump it out and make a new solution. Also, 40 CYA is not high, in fact it's a good starting point and you may end up going higher if your losing to much FC to sunlight during the day.

I added 20oz of liquid stabilizer so I should be well under swimmable level. From 20-40 the pool Calc said 35oz of liq stabilizer and I added 20. Even if it was 40, pool Calc says 17 would have raised it to 50 if I have 5000 gallons.

Not sure why it would show so low after adding last night, I may rely on Leslie's for cya test. I ordered new tube already.... Guess I should start filling a water bottle and do inside minus cya . Kinda excited it smells like a pool with all that chlorine!

I added 20oz of liquid stabilizer so I should be well under swimmable level. From 20-40 the pool Calc said 35oz of liq stabilizer and I added 20. Even if it was 40, pool Calc says 17 would have raised it to 50 if I have 5000 gallons.

Not sure why it would show so low after adding last night, I may rely on Leslie's for cya test. I ordered new tube already.... Guess I should start filling a water bottle and do inside minus cya . Kinda excited it smells like a pool with all that chlorine!

You will get worse results at Leslie's for the CYA. Trust your test, wait a week for it to show up.
BTW, your pool shouldn't smell like chlorine. My pool never smells like chlorine and I add liquid chlorine daily.

What is your current fc level amd what cya level did you aim for with your latest addition?
Is the water currently clear? That is, can you see the bottom of the pool?

As long as your fc is at or below the shock level for your cya it is safe to swim in that regard.
As long as you can see the bottom of the pool it's safe in that regard.

Trying to figure out if it's safe to swim or to drain water. I have family coming over to bbq on 4th.

How does the water look? Just assume CYA of 40 at this point. Don't adjust it anymore, based on the CYA level you have a min/max of FC.
See the CYA Chlorine chart http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock

Keep your chlorine around 5, if the water is clear and looks good you are fine. You can swim up to a FC of 16 with CYA of 40, (FC of 10 with a CYA of 20)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.