Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Always have CC

1. Back To Top    #1

Always have CC

For the last month and a half I've had a CC of .5. Earlier this summer CC was at 0 and all of last summer it was at 0.
    When this started happening I had something consuming my chlorine. I brought the pool up to shock level until it held over night and I left it their for 2 more days to make sure it was gone. That's when the cc showed up and have never left? I know some people say that .5 is no big deal but we are getting irritated eyes from this now. at least I think that's what is causing it?
    The water has always been crystal clear!
    FC 6.5
    CC .5
    PH 7.4
    TA 110
    CH 170
    CYA 45
    Temp 88
    16' by 32' cornelius AG vinyl liner, 6' deep end, 14500 gal.
    Hayward 250 Lb sand filter
    Hayward 40 GPM pump
    2-2' by 20' sun grabber solar heater.
    4 gal Liquidator. BBB

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Always have CC

Just wanted to verify if you used any other products to shock with besides chlorine or if you used any sort of algaecide?

That is odd....
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Is your pool shaded? Cc's can be hard to eradicate w/o direct sunlight on the pool.

With an indoor pool, I have nearly-constant low-level cc. When it rises, I use sodium percarbonate or hydrogen peroxide to shock. Problem with those is that they knock out the fc's along with the cc's!

Hydroxen peroxide shock is sold as Baquacil Shock & Oxidizer. It doesn't contain any biguanide, so you CAN use it in a chlorine pool w/o making a huge mess. Just be aware that it will take out the good chlorine as well as the bad! I use about 1-2 cups in my approx. 7000 gallon pool.

Sodium percarbonate is less dangerous to store, and it decomposes in water to hydrogen peroxide and sodium carbonate. Again, this compound will neutralize the good chlorine along with the bad. I use about 3-4 ounces.

I don't know if this will fix your problem, but I'll be happy to share more details of my experience if you'd like to give one of these compounds a try.
    ~Jules~

My pool: INDOOR 13x27 rectangular fiberglass, built ~2001, BBB, TA-60 sand filter, Hayward two speed pump (1 hp/0.33 hp), 3/4 hp booster pump for solar heater
    Taylor K-2006 test

4. Back To Top    #4

The only thing added was the bleach. I used 1-1/2 gallons of muriatic acid over the same time frame to bring down my T/A and that was it.

The pool is in full sun from 8:00am till 8:00pm so that should be more than enough sun light.
    Hayward 40 GPM pump
    4 gal Liquidator. BBB

5. Back To Top    #5

I would try a night at shock level and see what happens.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    I would try a night at shock level and see what happens.
    Well it looks like I have a problem. Last night I added 3 gallons of bleach to bring my FC to 17.5 and called it a night.First thing this morning I test and my FC is at 15.5 and CC of 1. So I must have something in there I'm killing???? This is how it started last time. Water is crystal clear with no sign of algae.
    It looks like it time to buy more reagent from you ***** make that Duraleigh. I thought I would be set for the summer.
    Hayward 40 GPM pump
    4 gal Liquidator. BBB

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

I am honored beyond all my hopes that you may have mistaken Jason and me.

Jason is the smart one....I have to rely on an adequate supply of refills for the TF-100 and my astonishing good looks to get me thru the day........Jason can do it on brains alone

Jason, if you have indeed started selling refills, I fear there are dark days ahead for me.....would you consider purchasing some inventory?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

I was just thinking about that and before I could edit my post you had already found my mistake. sorry if I insulted anyone. I hope this don't affect the shipping date!
    Hayward 40 GPM pump
    4 gal Liquidator. BBB

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

Are you kidding? I've already shipped it......(trying to stay ahead of Jason).

What was it you ordered again?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School