Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: The pool master show on animal planet

1. Back To Top    #1
    Northern Virginia

The pool master show on animal planet

Anyone watch the show? You think a 50,000 gallon natural pool works with just plants filtering the water? Serious lack of technical info in the show.

I did find this article. Looks like bio nova made the pool?
    45'x12' 17k gal, IG plaster, Pool Pilot Nano+ SWG, 1/2hp Whisperflo pump, PAC-FAB TA-60D sand filter, Raypak 266 heater
    Pool School + Test Kit + Pool Math = Trouble Free Pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: The pool master show on animal planet

Don't know the show, but do a search here for "natural pools" and you'll find some interesting info. We don't promote it, and I don't get into discussions about it as I don't see them as pools. I would consider them a pond you could swim, or go fishing in.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3

Howell, NJ

I don't like that he uses plants to "filter" the water, but I have to admit that I like the show. The guy is entertaining, and he does build some amazing pools. If only I had the money, I'd hire him to build me a pool. But I'd make sure he uses a proper filter.
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    Wanda the Whale pool vacuum, home made heater, Taylor K-2006
    Cloudy Pool? 1) Order test kit. 2) Follow SLAM
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW PA

I would so let him build me a pool for my fisheys!

Brushpup is NOT allowed to fish in my pond pool!!!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

I built a beautiful koi pond that I filtered by building my own sand filter from a barrel, large pond, pump layered with sand, grates, air conditioning filter etc then I threw a tiny Persian palm in the top of the filter. The palm grew to 6 ft high and the water was perfectly clear. On 100 degree days the thought did enter my mind to get in it..but the snake and frogs changed my mind. After I saw the snake the pond was filled in within a day! All my neighbors said it was so clear you could swim in, no it was still a pond!
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!