The pool master show on animal planet

Don't know the show, but do a search here for "natural pools" and you'll find some interesting info. We don't promote it, and I don't get into discussions about it as I don't see them as pools. I would consider them a pond you could swim, or go fishing in. :mrgreen:

I don't like that he uses plants to "filter" the water, but I have to admit that I like the show. The guy is entertaining, and he does build some amazing pools. If only I had the money, I'd hire him to build me a pool. But I'd make sure he uses a proper filter.

I would so let him build me a pool for my fisheys! :mrgreen:

Brushpup is NOT allowed to fish in my pond pool!!! :spiderman:

I built a beautiful koi pond that I filtered by building my own sand filter from a barrel, large pond, pump layered with sand, grates, air conditioning filter etc then I threw a tiny Persian palm in the top of the filter. The palm grew to 6 ft high and the water was perfectly clear. On 100 degree days the thought did enter my mind to get in it..but the snake and frogs changed my mind. After I saw the snake the pond was filled in within a day! All my neighbors said it was so clear you could swim in it...um, no it was still a pond!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.