Hello,

I did a TF-100 test and my values are as follows:
pH = 7.8
FC= 11 ppm
CC= 0 ppm
TA= 160
CH= 480
CYA = 90

The test kit indicates that CYA shld be between 30-80. How shld I get my CYA down? Please let me know. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Sincerely,
Aruna

You can get your CYA down one way and that is with water replacement.

Thank you so much for following up. How will I know how much of a drain to do--1/3?1/2? how much wld it cost?
Also, I live in southern California where temperatures right now are soaring, we also have a pool cover.
The water is pretty hot with the pool heater so we have turned the heater off. Does the heat have any role with the hight CYA levels.

I should also report I don't have any algae in the pool. We brush the pool couple of times and use it almost everyday.

Also for future should I move to liquid chlorine instead of the pucks
Thanks in advance for your insights.

Aruna

You're in one of two areas in the US where reverse osmosis is available. So spend the money on that, or drain and replace some.

Is your pool clear or green? If clear, you can maintain it with that high CYA and slowly lower the CYA by draining a few inches a week and using it one the lawn. If green, grit your teeth and replace a whole bunch right now. R/O won't work until the green is gone, and the cost of the bleach you'll need will be more than the cost of the water. Call your water company - sometimes they drop the tiered rates for a pool fillup.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.