Water intake has lower pressure, won't filter out waste... help!

Jun 29, 2014
Lost Creek
Hi, new to the forum and I don't know exactly what things are called so forgive me ahead of time. Anyway, on the inside of the pool there is an intake that pulls the water out of the pool to the filter, it has pretty much no suction what so ever. I have been trying to get my husband to understand this. It shows on the inside of the pool that it can suck your hair into it, well the way it is now it can't suck a blade of grass into it. What could be going wrong? The strange thing is, is there is water coming out to the pool in good force. When the pool was opened, my husband didn't get all of the debris out and just filled the pool with more water. So far now he has opened the large part that the sand is in and it's as clean as can be. There is water flowing freely into the basket. We have back washed, rinsed, back washed, rinsed and nothing is working. I don't know where else to look for the problem. He also unscrewed and taken another piece off that looks like a filter and it was full of those dandilion seeds that flow in the air (sorry don't know what they're called). He cleaned that out also.

If someone could point us into a new direction I would be greatful! Hoping to get this done today.

RaggedyAnn

Welcome to TFP!

There might be a valve that controls the side suction port, or it might simply not be hooked up at all. But I am just guessing. Photos from outside the pool would helps us tell what is going on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.