New T-Cell Not Generating Chlorine

We recently noticed our original cell of 3 yrs was not keeping up on the chlorine levels for our 17,000 gal above ground pool. I purchased a replacement and installed it a few days ago, but I am not seeing any chlorine levels on the test strips. I've even had it set to super chlorinate for the past 24 hrs and still nothing. The control box says that it is generating and there are no warning lights. I've pushed the cell plug to make sure it was connected securely, but I don't know what else to check. Is there anything else that could be causing this?

Welcome to TFP!

Yes. Algae in the water may consume the FC as fast as the SWG can make it. And if your CYA is too low, then the sun may break the FC down fast as well. Also, SWG are not to be relied upon to raise the FC from zero, you should use bleach.

Post up a full set of test results, realize we do not trust test strips and you should invest in one of the recommended test kits listed in Pool School.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.