Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump noise

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump noise

To make a long tory short i am looking to replace the Intex pump with a pump that can connect to a timer (which the Intex can not) and would be low noise.
    How can i find the mount of noise each pump makes? i can't seem to find it in any of the spec pages i've checked.

Can someone recommend a low noise 3/4HP pump?
    Our Build 2016 14.5' x 26' IG Pebble, 14.5K Gal. 3.5' - 6.5' deep, 5 returns, 2 Skimmers, Hayward VS pump, Hayward 525 Cartridge Filter, Hayward E-Command 4, Heliocol Solar, Hayward LED Light, Paramount Ultraviolet, Polaris 280, AquaRite Pro, T-CELL-15, Sense and Dispense (HL-CHEM), Ph Dispense System (AQL-CHEM3) , Taylor K-2006 with SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump noise

Any two speed pump on low speed is going to quiet. A single speed pump, or a two speed on high, is going to make a certain amount of noise.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I see.
    I think Hayward SP15922S is the best for my usage but if i'll get it i also need a new SWG system.
    Is AquaTrol is the one for me?
    Our Build 2016 14.5' x 26' IG Pebble, 14.5K Gal. 3.5' - 6.5' deep, 5 returns, 2 Skimmers, Hayward VS pump, Hayward 525 Cartridge Filter, Hayward E-Command 4, Heliocol Solar, Hayward LED Light, Paramount Ultraviolet, Polaris 280, AquaRite Pro, T-CELL-15, Sense and Dispense (HL-CHEM), Ph Dispense System (AQL-CHEM3) , Taylor K-2006 with SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

Intex has an inexpensive SWG that works fairly well. The AquaTrol is a lot more expensive, and also will last a lot longer.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School