New sand filter on the way

I plan on transferring the sand I have in the old filter to the new filter.
This is stuff I purchased at a spa/pool supply out of Omaha (about a 2-1/2 hour drive) when we purchased the pump.
IT's pretty pure white.
I looked at this stuff and Menards when when to see of they had a new unit to replace the old
(( Pool Filter Sand )) when I pull up the PDF with the details the sizing matches what I have in the manual.

Just after a 2nd opinion... or do I need to spend the $40 in gas to go get the stuff from the pool and spa....

Using the old sand is fine if it's convenient for you. It will almost surely not be enough sand to fill it correctly so you will have to get some more, anyway.

After that, it may be just about as easy to put in all new. From a technical standpoint, either way is fine.

I believe you're asking if the pool filter sand from Menards is ok to use? If it is pool filter sand of the correct size / grade, which you said it was, then yes. Most of the pool filter sand I've seen is not white. My filter sand is not white and it did not come from a pool store, and it works just like it should.

I use the silica sand from local home improvement store (I think they have it mostly for sandblasting), but the #20 and it is a pretty white sand. About $15 for a 100lb bag I think. I have been using it for 2 years with zero issues. Does a great job.

Glenn

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.