intex salt water system?

Jul 21, 2008
Hi I have an INtex quick set pool..I think it is 18' it is one of the biggest they sell any way, I don't feel like the filter it came with is adaqute and I have been looking at the salt water system, what are others thought on this?

Converting to a SWCG isn't going to improve the filtering of the water. If you think the filter's inadequate (and that's a common theme with the Intex pools), your only recourse is to replace your filter/pump with a bigger model. You can stay with the Intex models, or try to rig your pool to use a sand filter and possibly a 1/2 hp pump. There have been some posters on here who have had success doing it either way; easiest would be to upgrade to a bigger Intex model.

EDIT: BTW, I have an Intex SWCG, and it maintains the FC level very well on my AGP. Once you get your pump/filtration issue worked out, the SWCG would be a nice addition to your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.