Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Asian jasmine

1. Back To Top    #1

Asian jasmine

Hi there. I've been battling weeds and grass in my asian jasmine all year now. I was about to just use some Scott's weed and feed in it to get it looking healthier and hopefully offset the weed takeover. Does anyone have any experience with jasmine as far as weed control and fertilizing it?
    14k gallon, vinyl in ground, 1 hp pentaire pump, pentaire sand filter, taylor k2006 kit,hayward shark vac cleaner, pool blaster cg vacuum

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Asian jasmine

I will guess that weed and feed will kill it. Call a good nursery to verify that, of course. That stuff is meant for most grasses and kills most anything else unless the fine print says it is safe.

Personally I hate the stuff. Had a favorite cat nearly die from getting a pellet stuck in a paw then licking it out, as near as I could tell. Plus, it says not to use within the root zone of trees and trees roots extend twice as far as the branches so that is pretty much the whole yard.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.