Green water after adding algaecide just filled pool

Ok...first off I'm still a newb. :study: I just had a new IG liner installed and used city water the same as last time. My PH was very high at about a 9 and my chlorine was 0 for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to add some Algecide that I've used before from the blue box store that is a preventative.:brickwall: As soon as I started to bring my PH down with Muratic my pool turned green. Clear but very green. I don't want to get pool stored so I came here first. :lovetfp:

My readings now

FC 3
CYA 0-10 and building ( stocking is in the skimmer full of CYA )
CC 0
PH 7.2 - 7.4
TA 120
CH ( have not tested )

(Aqua chem) algae eliminator is the brand and the ingredients are below:
Alkyl (50% C14, 40% C12, 10% C16) is listed first
then Active ingredients dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride 50%
other ingredients 50%

I've used the product before and had good results pool had a very minor green algae bloom and I kept my FC at 5 and one bottle and bam blue sparkly pool. But the last time I used it my water was balanced also.

Again the water is clear but green but there is a film or sheen on the top that's a brownish color.

Any advise please? :bowdown:

It could just be Iron. It's common for pools to turn green when the chlorine hits the water. It usually goes away in a day or two. Concentrate on getting everything balanced and be patient. If the water is crystal clear but just tinted but not cloudy and it doesn't go away in a couple days, then you'll need a metal sequestrant.

I took a water sample to the pool store and their numbers and mine match up fairly close my TA went down prolly from the muratic addition and my CYA went up but I added that.
PH 7.4
FC 1
CH 150
CYA 40
TA 110
Phosphates 500

They recommended raising my calcium hardness and a thing of phosfree...they did however recommend giving it 3-4 days with balanced water and see what happens.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.