Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Possible Clog or break in return jet?

1. Back To Top    #1

Possible Clog or break in return jet?

So guys, When I opened my pool up I noticed that one of the return jets/pipes going back to the pool from filter was not shooting out water, the other 4 are working just fine. I am worried that pipe might have frozen and broke over the winter ? is there an easy way to verify this? I thought a clog might be possible but don't really see how one of these could get clogged. I did pull out the end today and tried to make some movement to see if anything would come out and I did get some debris and a leaf but generally without this I do not see anything coming out. I have this bladder thingy I got from HD last year that shoots out water under pressure that I used to unclog my hot tub drain last year but I afraid to use it here. Could I turn off my filter and try to use that going from pool back to the filter direction? going the other way I am not sure I can get enough pressure since it will split into 5 pipes at some point going to all the returns. Also If the pipe is broken what will all the pressure do, can I create more problems ?
    If this is something involved I would rather wait till end of season to make any major repairs so I can keep my pool going for the summer.
    Free Form Gunite Saltwater Pool, 29,000 Gallons, Jandy DEL60 Filter, Jandy AquaPure 1400 Chlorinator, Polaris 380 Cleaner, Attached HotTub.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Possible Clog or break in return jet?

Now I am uncertain of myself, was in the pool looking at it and I realized there is a auto fill valve right above that return line few feet from pool's edge. I could have sworn there was water coming from there last year but now I don't know anyway I can verify?
    Free Form Gunite Saltwater Pool, 29,000 Gallons, Jandy DEL60 Filter, Jandy AquaPure 1400 Chlorinator, Polaris 380 Cleaner, Attached HotTub.