New to TroubleFreePool World!

Jun 24, 2014
Philadelphia PA
Hello Pool Pro's,

Brand new to forum and BBB method.
My old 1hp pump was leaking, so I took it to a pool store to replace the seals and the impeller was cracked. They had to order a new impeller which took 5 days and the pump still leaked when i hooked it back up. So I replaced my old DE filter and pump with a sand/micromatic media filter/pump combo. The pool was a swamp by this time. I found this site, and read and got some pool schooling so now the pool is clear enough to see the bottom. I just tested the pool water with new TF-100 kit, just got the test kit so haven't done an OCLT

FC-0
TC- 0
CH- NOT TESTED
CYA- <20
TA- 70
pH- 7.8

I don't want to wait another week to use this money/life sucking pool. I will buy the liquid stabilizer. Can I add the stabilizer and then start the SLAMing? Or do I need to wait 4 hours to start SLAMing? Thanks

Don't waste your money on liquid stabilizer. There is no waiting with granular. It takes time to dissolve, but you don't wait for that to happen, you go straight to taking care of the pool regardless.

You can start SLAMing right away, add stabilizer when you can (well don't wait too long). I would start by lowering PH to between 7.2 and 7.5, then SLAM away. Shock level is 10 when CYA is < 20. Adjust your shock level to account for any stabilizer additions starting 24 hours after you add stabilizer.

I can see the bottom but it's not crystal clear, I was in earlier today to sweep and clear debris and I did a great job of scattering debris and dirt around the pool, I also realized my water level was getting low in the skimmer so I filled the pool up to mid to upper skimmer level, now I'm going to test the water again. Thanks for the tips I appreciate the advice. I'm trying to not let this "thing" beat me. It was nice to get into water even though I made it worse.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.