Hose problem

numberonenole

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 18, 2009
Woods of North Florida
The hose from my pump to my filter developed a hole, so I bought a new one. The three foot hose turned into a 5 foot hose when I turned on the pump. The pressure stretched it out. I went back and bought what was supposed to be a high pressure hose that I was assured would not expand, and was told if it did something is wrong with my system. Well, it expanded also. I have had no problems with water pressure coming from the return, but I back washed anyway just in case there was an obstruction. I can't see or feel anything wrong. The original hose was a very thick, solid piece of plastic where these new hoses are not solid but have ridges like the vacuum hoses. Is it normal for these to expand like this or do I have a problem? The first hose blew off and emptied my pool quite a bit before I realized it (I have a bottom drain so the water just kept getting pumped out) , so I am quite nervous about leaving the pump running. It may have been operator error (maybe I didn't tighten the clamp enough), but I still just don't feel like this expanding hose is right. Thanks in advance for the advice!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.