Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Transformed Yucca

1. Back To Top    #1

Transformed Yucca

The Winter in PA this year was brutal and nearly killed my large yucca plants. I was meaning to dig them out and replace, but didn't get to it. They began to recover in the center of the plant, so I tried something.... I pulled all from the bottom (mostly dead) up to the upper part and ended up with something that looks like a pineapple tree. I like it!!

2. Back To Top    #2
    West Chester, PA

Re: Transformed Yucca

I like it too! I am in PA too and lost 4 potted crepe myrtles to the harsh winter. Glad your Yucca survived.
    27' round AG
    Hayward Matrix 1 1/2 HP Pump
    Hayward S210T Sand Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Souderton, PA

Re: Transformed Yucca

Another Pennsylvanian here. I did the same thing with my yuccas and they not only started to come up through the center but I am now getting baby yuccas on the sides of the plant! I also lost 1 crepe myrtle (5 others are fine) and 3 camellias, 2 of which were new last year. I am just hoping there is no repeat performance this winter. Your yucca looks really good though. Enjoy the warm summer. My pool is in the 90's now.
    30 ft. round Aqua Leader agp with dished out center 23,800 gallons; 1.5 hp Hayward pro matrix pump; Hayward EC50 DE filter; solar panels; solar cover