What combination of suction from drain/skimmer

Hi guys. Gonna be in our pool for the very first official swim today! Very exciting for us! I've got a question, though, about everyday use of my skimmer and main drains. I have one skimmer and one (double) main drain. They are plumbed completely seperately on 2" lines and "tee" together before going to the pump. I installed 2" manual ball valves for shut offs on each of those lines. For everyday filtration and circulation, should I leave them both completely open, or keep the main drain closed completely...or try some combination of the 2? As always, I really appreciate any advice and suggestions!

I am no expert and only had my pool for 3 years, but I have a main drain and 2 skimmers in my inground and they are all the way open when I run my filter except for when I manually vacuum. I close one of the skimmers and partially close the main drain to get good suction for vacuuming.

I am no expert and only had my pool for 3 years, but I have a main drain and 2 skimmers in my inground and they are all the way open when I run my filter except for when I manually vacuum. I close one of the skimmers and partially close the main drain to get good suction for vacuuming.

Thanks. That makes sense to me...but I just haven't read any actual instruction about it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.